Advantages of recycled PET (RPET)
Recycled PET has many environmental benefits. Here are some examples of its main virtues:
- Its manufacture does not require new oil extraction.
- It reduces the strong dependence of the textile sector on oil, as well as its demand.
- It generates 75% less CO2 and requires less energy than virgin polyester.
- Its ecological footprint is much smaller.
- It decreases the amount of residues. rPET prevents plastics from ending up in landfills, and therefore helps reduce toxic emissions in recycling plants.
- It helps to strengthen new streams of recycled materials.
In short, recycled polyester reduces environmental impact, protects the planet and fights climate change.